Steph's Glass is Half Full

Optimistic (and often pessimistic) raves and rants about the many things that can go wrong with an old house, cats who leave me hairballs each day, a job I love but get burned out with and my wonderful husband who I at times, want to hiss at. Also included are my yays and nays about my travels into the world when performing necessary tasks such as grocery shopping, being thrown together with complete strangers, thrown together with strangers and their strangeness.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

CPR

Marty and I took a CPR/AED class today. AED as in "Automatic Electronic Defibrillator". Yep, I got to shock the practice dummy with electricity and am re-certified in cpr.

It has been a sad month for my kitten rescue organization. We have lost four kittens due to disease or medical problems.
This is Scribbles and Doodles. Our Vet. suspects they had FIP. We also lost their brother Oodles.

This is our little Ava who we lost Saturday. She had a large tumor in her abdomen and a periocardial (sp?) hernia which caused her heart to nestle much further below where a heart should be, but we didn't know that until Saturday. We received her at four weeks of age and she had always been slightly off but the past days she went downhill fast. X-rays Saturday told us her problem. We considered surgery but she made the decision for us by suddenly being unable to stand and having a very difficult time breathing. We opted to humanely euthanize her to prevent any suffering or further distress.

It has been a very sad month for us. It is always emotionally draining for us at the rescue when we lose a kitten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home