Steph's Glass is Half Full

Optimistic (and often pessimistic) raves and rants about the many things that can go wrong with an old house, cats who leave me hairballs each day, a job I love but get burned out with and my wonderful husband who I at times, want to hiss at. Also included are my yays and nays about my travels into the world when performing necessary tasks such as grocery shopping, being thrown together with complete strangers, thrown together with strangers and their strangeness.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Wrestling Match

Let's see, what was I doing last night around midnight? Wrestling with the garbage can, literally. I lost, it pinned me.

Scooped the litter boxes before bed and decided to take the large garbage can out to the street for Friday pick-up. Got it halfway up the steep part of the driveway when the *&*# thing decided it wanted to tip over and boom, it did. Scraped my fingers and elbow on the concrete pretty severely and I somehow landed underneath the can.

The darn thing was HEAVY and I couldn't get it off me so had to crawl out. You know that saying, "You crawled out from under a garbage can"? Well, yep, I did. After on my feet again, I still couldn't pick the thing up so had to wake Marty for help. He took care of the can while I took care of the bleeding.

My fingers look like I stuck them in the garbage disposal, hand and elbow are screaming with "OWWWWWW, MF hurts"!!!!! All because I was trying to be helpful. I now know how a dork feels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home