Steph's Glass is Half Full

Optimistic (and often pessimistic) raves and rants about the many things that can go wrong with an old house, cats who leave me hairballs each day, a job I love but get burned out with and my wonderful husband who I at times, want to hiss at. Also included are my yays and nays about my travels into the world when performing necessary tasks such as grocery shopping, being thrown together with complete strangers, thrown together with strangers and their strangeness.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Turtle

This is our foster kitten named "Turtle". She was found on the side of the road all by herself, her eyes covered with scabs, very thin and we were afraid she would either die or lose an eye because of the infection.
This is Turtle one week after starting antibiotics. She is seven weeks old and weighs about ten ounces.

Here's my baby Turtle at 12 weeks weighing in at almost two pounds.

And here she is with her kitten personality on 8/15/09. She finally learned how to play and be a kitten and has spent the last two weeks running around the house looking for things that move so she can pounce on them. This includes dust balls, tails of other cats and human fingers. She especially enjoys trying to jump on Nadi, our 16lb. cat and trying to wrestle him.

Turtle won't be placed for adoption yet. She still needs to gain weight and grow. She knows her name and comes when I call her, unless she is stalking a moving object. Turtle bonded with me and I've been taking her to work so she can interact with other humans and won't be so dependent on me. It has helped a lot. She doesn't look for me when someone else is holding her and is interested in what is going on rather than focused on, "Where's my mama?"

When she does get adopted, I will really miss the little Turtle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home