Steph's Glass is Half Full

Optimistic (and often pessimistic) raves and rants about the many things that can go wrong with an old house, cats who leave me hairballs each day, a job I love but get burned out with and my wonderful husband who I at times, want to hiss at. Also included are my yays and nays about my travels into the world when performing necessary tasks such as grocery shopping, being thrown together with complete strangers, thrown together with strangers and their strangeness.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Past Weeks Update

Hopefully my studying paid off. I took the VTNE, National Technician Exam on 6/19. I walked out feeling pretty comfortable that I did well, but we'll see when the results come in.

The other day I saw something drop from the sky into the driveway. It was a young pigeon. It was able to flutter about the yard but couldn't fly. Marty captured it and it spent a few days in a large pet kennel with plenty of food and water.

Pigeons poop a lot if you didn't know already.

Today I opened the kennel and shooed the pigeon into the yard to see if could fly. It couldn't and suddenly out of nowhere, our cat Kodak pounced on it. Kodak didn't know what to do with his catch and the pigeon fluttered its wings. Kodak jumped off.

The pigeon found its way into the long grass and I couldn't find it. Marty went through the underbrush later and found the bird huddled in the corner of the yard unharmed. It is now back in the carrier with food and water.

So, a pigeon that can't fly, what do we do with it?

1 Comments:

  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You may have a pigeon for a pet now!

    We'll keep our fingers crossed for the exam.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home