Steph's Glass is Half Full

Optimistic (and often pessimistic) raves and rants about the many things that can go wrong with an old house, cats who leave me hairballs each day, a job I love but get burned out with and my wonderful husband who I at times, want to hiss at. Also included are my yays and nays about my travels into the world when performing necessary tasks such as grocery shopping, being thrown together with complete strangers, thrown together with strangers and their strangeness.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Dr. Exam

I had my "annual" physical exam today, the first one since 2003. When did the medical professional change from the cold steel speculums to something much less invasive? I didn't even feel the cervix swab, was that also changed ? Used to feel like a razor blade.

At the lab for bloodwork, it was not pleasant. I told the nurse my veins are hard to find. She said my left arm was totally beyond her realm with no sight of a vein and then couldn't hit anything in the right arm after much searching with the needle.

I had to soak my hands in a sink of warm water for five minutes to make my veins appear and then had the blood drawn from a hand vein. The nurse wasn't new, had ten years experience, but the blood draw was still an unpleasant experience having numerous needles searching for a vein.

My hand and arm are bruised. But on a happy note, I had my physical exam for this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home