Steph's Glass is Half Full

Optimistic (and often pessimistic) raves and rants about the many things that can go wrong with an old house, cats who leave me hairballs each day, a job I love but get burned out with and my wonderful husband who I at times, want to hiss at. Also included are my yays and nays about my travels into the world when performing necessary tasks such as grocery shopping, being thrown together with complete strangers, thrown together with strangers and their strangeness.

Monday, October 13, 2008

What I Miss

I miss reading, curling up with a good book and getting so involved in the plot I don't want to put the book down. What has taken it's place is computer games. Cripes, those games really take a lot of my time. I just need to discipline myself; check email and then turn the pc off and open a book instead of clicking on the games. That is not such an easy thing to do.

I miss gardening, seeing the vegetables grow. I plant flowers in the pots on the porch and then my work schedule gets so busy I can't water them until it's late at night. Late night watering is not good for the flowers...but so is no watering.

I miss having the time to make blackberry jam and banana bread. I miss the desire to cook and the joy I used to have when I made something delicious which could be frozen for future meals.

I miss having a clean house and a tidy yard.

I miss the closeness with my husband that has been interrupted with work schedules and the ease for us to do our computer time in separate rooms of the house.

Most of all, I miss myself.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home