Steph's Glass is Half Full

Optimistic (and often pessimistic) raves and rants about the many things that can go wrong with an old house, cats who leave me hairballs each day, a job I love but get burned out with and my wonderful husband who I at times, want to hiss at. Also included are my yays and nays about my travels into the world when performing necessary tasks such as grocery shopping, being thrown together with complete strangers, thrown together with strangers and their strangeness.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Love/Hate Relationship With the Weather

I love the nice weather we had today. Marty mowed the front lawn with the mower dying often due to the wet long grass. I weeded half the Japanese garden area, viciously snipped the evergrowing unwanted bamboo sprouts and invading blackberry limbs, dug up weeds and hand snipped grass around standing objects that the mower couldn't get close enough to; the big rock in the front yard and the stump from the holly tree we cut down so long ago.

When we first moved here, the side yard was filled with bamboo growing wild and a large holly tree in the front yard. After removing both eight years ago, we are still battling their desire to come back and overtake the yard. They are monsters we constantly go to war with.

I like the nice weather but hate that it is so sporadic. I made plans to work in the garden area getting the soil ready for planting and then we had a freeze or rain. Cripes. The weather is wacky, can't plan anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home