Steph's Glass is Half Full

Optimistic (and often pessimistic) raves and rants about the many things that can go wrong with an old house, cats who leave me hairballs each day, a job I love but get burned out with and my wonderful husband who I at times, want to hiss at. Also included are my yays and nays about my travels into the world when performing necessary tasks such as grocery shopping, being thrown together with complete strangers, thrown together with strangers and their strangeness.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Billy Bob Teeth

I lost a tooth filling last Wednesday. It's not painful at all, not sensitive to cold/hot but is in the incisor...a tooth that shows when I smile.

Had a dental appt. today to fix the tooth and was somewhat stunned when all that happened was an x-ray, a one minute exam by the dentist and then him saying "schedule her in the next few days for a filling".

I thought today's appt. was to fix the tooth. When I called for the appt. they didn't tell me it would be just a quick exam and I would have to make another appt. to actually have it fixed. And the dentist charges my insurance company for two office calls.

Now I have to spend another two days being self-conscious about smiling. It took all my strength to go to the dentist today because past dental experiences have made me very tense about anyone messing with my teeth. And when I arrive Wednesday to actually have the tooth fixed, I have to pay $76 before treatment, the amount my insurance doesn't cover.

I understand that with today's economy even dentists need to have money up front instead of hoping people pay bills on time. What I don't understand is the need for my two appts. Time was scheduled to fix my tooth today but my tooth is still not fixed and my insurance will be billed for two appointments. I'm not happy about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home