Steph's Glass is Half Full

Optimistic (and often pessimistic) raves and rants about the many things that can go wrong with an old house, cats who leave me hairballs each day, a job I love but get burned out with and my wonderful husband who I at times, want to hiss at. Also included are my yays and nays about my travels into the world when performing necessary tasks such as grocery shopping, being thrown together with complete strangers, thrown together with strangers and their strangeness.

Friday, February 06, 2009

Gimpy

Marty had a day off from work today but it wasn't very relaxing for him. Why? Well, because he had to drive his wife (me) to the Dr. and then to radiology. After we got home he had an eye exam and then ran the errands I was going to do and couldn't since I can't walk very well today let alone drive.

There was a slight accident last night. I fell off a step stool flat onto my butt. Didn't think I hurt the foot and ankle as I lay on the floor but I was proven wrong when I tried to stand and couldn't put any weight on my foot. I had a very restless sleep last night with an ice bag.

Go to the ER? It wasn't an emergency, there was no blood and I didn't want to spend hours in the ER waiting. It was much quicker to make an appointment with my Dr. first thing in the morning (they have same day appts). Fortunately nothing is broken, just badly sprained. I still can't put weight on my foot and am gimping along slowly with a cane. The stairs are easy; I just sit on my butt and can go up or down somewhat efficiently.

And of course I won't be working Saturday. It's kind of difficult to wrestle those large dogs while balancing on one leg. I consider myself lucky in that my injury is a sprain, not a fracture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home