Steph's Glass is Half Full

Optimistic (and often pessimistic) raves and rants about the many things that can go wrong with an old house, cats who leave me hairballs each day, a job I love but get burned out with and my wonderful husband who I at times, want to hiss at. Also included are my yays and nays about my travels into the world when performing necessary tasks such as grocery shopping, being thrown together with complete strangers, thrown together with strangers and their strangeness.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

No More "Billy Bob" Tooth

Yay! My missing filling was replaced Wednesday. I survived the dentist chair with just a few minutes of the lower jaw trembling and I can once again smile without being self-conscious except the filling is slightly lighter than my normal tooth color. It's not noticeable except in a certain light.

I was able to turn the key in my car ignition, not something I am usually able to do after leaving the dentist since I clench my hands so tightly together during the chair time that my finger and hand muscles are locked and won't function.

The dentist appt. was Wednesday, an on-call day at work for me and yep, I had to work. It was a long day with numerous large vicious dogs that took all my strength to hold even with another Assistant. Several dogs required three of us to restrain for simple things like a nail trim.

Thursday at work was just as stressful. Again with vicious dogs but many mean cats. Yeah, how many of you can get a hissing, spitting, biting, clawing cat out of its kennel and then give medications and treat wounds? Do that six times a day with various cats and tell me your stress level. My body has used up it's adrenaline limit for the rest of the month. I'm very tired, very sore and bruised but I am fortunate enough to be employed...and happy to have my tooth fixed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home