Steph's Glass is Half Full

Optimistic (and often pessimistic) raves and rants about the many things that can go wrong with an old house, cats who leave me hairballs each day, a job I love but get burned out with and my wonderful husband who I at times, want to hiss at. Also included are my yays and nays about my travels into the world when performing necessary tasks such as grocery shopping, being thrown together with complete strangers, thrown together with strangers and their strangeness.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

It Was a Busy Day

Busy day. Physical therapy for Marty this morning, trip to surgeon's office, pharmacist, lunch, pharmacist, two different stores for groceries/chocolate/printer cartridge.

The Therapist noticed a rash on the knee and then Marty mentioned he has had a rash on his chest for a few days...never told me. PT was worried since such rashes are sometimes early signs of infection, he called the surgeon's office, we were told to go over there so the PA could do an exam.

The Physician Assistant suspects a reaction to the current pain med., there are no signs of infection. New pain med. prescription...off we go to the pharmacy. Waiting time one hour or more so we went to lunch instead of sitting around. After lunch it was back to the pharmacy then I took Marty home and got him comfortable before I left again to one store for dish soap and chocolate (for Marty) and another store for a printer cartridge.

When I got home bad weather was rolling in so I dragged the garbage can out to the street for tomorrow's pick-up. Did the daily household chores, tried to figure out how many more squares I need to turn a twin bed quilt pattern into a queen size pattern, how much longer to cut the binding...I gave up on that. Fortunately Marty has decided not to visit the fencing club tonight so now I can finally relax and sit down.

Whew, what a day. I'm on vacation but am more tired than if I was working. Since Marty came home from the hospital there hasn't been a day that I haven't had to drive somewhere. Not all due to Marty, some was due to taking Rebound to the clinic. Usually on my days off from work I don't leave the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home