Steph's Glass is Half Full

Optimistic (and often pessimistic) raves and rants about the many things that can go wrong with an old house, cats who leave me hairballs each day, a job I love but get burned out with and my wonderful husband who I at times, want to hiss at. Also included are my yays and nays about my travels into the world when performing necessary tasks such as grocery shopping, being thrown together with complete strangers, thrown together with strangers and their strangeness.

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Sunday 11/9

Marty and I went to the memorial for Dr. Tibbitts Saturday and fortunately got there early enough to get two seats in the back row right next to the door. That was so we could leave before the rush, Marty was pretty slow going with his walker. Some people didn't know where their feet were as they passed us to get seats in our aisle and Marty's foot was kicked numerous times knocking his knee out of alignment and causing shots of pain. I finally opened his walker and placed it in front of him. It was more difficult for people to pass through our aisle but his knee was protected.

The memorial was very nice, the family wanted it to be a celebration of Dr. Tibbs life rather than a grievous event. Dr. Tibbs left an effect on the lives of many, there must have been four to five hundred people at his service.

After the service I went to the clinic to bring Rebound home for the weekend. The Dr. and I both thought he would be less depressed if at home. He did well Saturday and again Sunday morning as far as eating went. He slept most of the weekend but Sunday night was not at all interested in eating no matter what I tried to entice him with. I gave him his meds and subq fluids and then force fed him. He has a check with the Vet. Monday and I might have to hospitalize him again.

On a sunnier note, Marty gets his staples removed Monday and today when I drove up to our home I noticed that the new paint job looks really good. My nephew Kurt (the Bean) is also saying "Dada" and it will be only a short time before he says "Mama".

1 Comments:

  • At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I will start voting for kitty haven and tell my friends to vote for it too, hope you win! glad to hear marty is doing better...anne b

     

Post a Comment

<< Home