Steph's Glass is Half Full

Optimistic (and often pessimistic) raves and rants about the many things that can go wrong with an old house, cats who leave me hairballs each day, a job I love but get burned out with and my wonderful husband who I at times, want to hiss at. Also included are my yays and nays about my travels into the world when performing necessary tasks such as grocery shopping, being thrown together with complete strangers, thrown together with strangers and their strangeness.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Yep, we voted

This is Marty's knee before surgery. The markings that look like exclamation points are actually the surgeon's signature (JJJ) signifying that he examined Marty and gave approval to proceed with the surgery. The giant "YES" is to make sure the correct knee is operated on.

Marty is doing okay and today I drove him to our voting facility. He always votes and doesn't do the mail-in ballot option. There were stairs he had to go down and two long lines of people waiting to cast their vote, but they parted to let him pass with his walker and were very nice about the time it took him to maneuver the steps.

I was just there to help Marty maneuver throughout the facility having already sent my ballot through the USPS. Yep, I trusted the USPS to protect my ballot and make sure it got to the right place to be counted. After being a USPS employee for 14 years, I can only hope my ballot reached its destination in a readable condition without being mangled.

So, yep Marty had knee surgery and has a very difficult time right now getting around but got out and voted.

The memorial service for my mentor and friend Dr. Tibbitts is this Saturday. I will of course go and Marty said he will also be there no matter how difficult with his knee condition to show his respect to Dr. Tibbs and to support me in my sorrow.



1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home