Steph's Glass is Half Full

Optimistic (and often pessimistic) raves and rants about the many things that can go wrong with an old house, cats who leave me hairballs each day, a job I love but get burned out with and my wonderful husband who I at times, want to hiss at. Also included are my yays and nays about my travels into the world when performing necessary tasks such as grocery shopping, being thrown together with complete strangers, thrown together with strangers and their strangeness.

Monday, November 17, 2008

I Need a Vacation

I took five weeks off from work to help Marty while he recovers from his knee surgery and to do the daily household chores that he helped with but couldn't do after surgery. I also hoped to catch up on a lot of personal things such as sewing a quilt, making Christmas gifts, organizing the kitchen cupboards. I only have two weeks of time off left and all I have accomplished are the daily chores.

With Rebound being as sick as he is, I have been taking him to the clinic every few days for an exam and blood work. We, the Dr. included in the "we", still don't know what is causing his illness. He won't eat so we are feeding him with a syringe and giving him sq fluids. (sq fluids; a needle placed into a skin fold and LRS fluids administered). He is dehydrated but since he has pneumonia, an IV for fluids is dangerous since it might overload his lungs with more liquid.

I would like a real vacation of at least one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home