Steph's Glass is Half Full

Optimistic (and often pessimistic) raves and rants about the many things that can go wrong with an old house, cats who leave me hairballs each day, a job I love but get burned out with and my wonderful husband who I at times, want to hiss at. Also included are my yays and nays about my travels into the world when performing necessary tasks such as grocery shopping, being thrown together with complete strangers, thrown together with strangers and their strangeness.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Worked Hard

Today I spent some time laying down a brick pathway between our house and the garage so the renter has firm footing from the driveway to her house in the back. A snide thanks to the person who built a new house in the vacant lot to the North and erected a fence which cut off the alley to our small house, the renter has no front door access and must travel the path from our driveway to get home. The rainy season and the winter months turn the pathway into mud, the bricks will prevent soggy shoes and falling on the butt.

Marty fed the cats on his own tonight. I'm proud of him for getting around enough to do that since it entails feeding the general population, the upstairs cats and venturing onto the front porch for the strays. He also scooped the litter boxes today. I appreciate his help with the household chores.


1 Comments:

  • At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wonder why they blocked the alley? martys knee looks scary, (lots of stiches), but I know he will feel alot better when the knee is all healed....love you guys...anne b

     

Post a Comment

<< Home