Steph's Glass is Half Full

Optimistic (and often pessimistic) raves and rants about the many things that can go wrong with an old house, cats who leave me hairballs each day, a job I love but get burned out with and my wonderful husband who I at times, want to hiss at. Also included are my yays and nays about my travels into the world when performing necessary tasks such as grocery shopping, being thrown together with complete strangers, thrown together with strangers and their strangeness.

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Rain

We are currently having one of our winter rain storms where it pours without end and guess what...I found two small leaks in our ceiling this evening. I'm just hoping this is a passing downpour and it doesn't rain for days, not only for the sake of the ceiling but because our basement is being slowly invaded by the rain. If I stay on top of the squeegeeing downstairs it is okay and the water is confined to a small area near the sump pump.

The word "squeegeeing" looks very odd when written but I looked it up and yep, that's how it's spelled.

Marty is doing better each day, more mobile, more self sufficient. He can walk with a cane but if he wants to get somewhere quickly it's the walker that hastens his journey. The garbage goes out tonight for early Friday morning pickup and he feels bad that I have to drag that heavy load up the driveway in this rain. I'm hoping for a lull in the downpour so I don't get totally soaked completing that weekly chore.

Our cat Rebound isn't any better today, is in fact worse. He is now running a fever and is depressed but at least ate a little bit for me. He hates being at the hospital and when I visit him Friday I'm taking his sister "Star" to cheer him up. They have never been separated and both are lonely having to be apart now. The photo I posted yesterday of Rebound shows Star sleeping behind her brother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home