Steph's Glass is Half Full

Optimistic (and often pessimistic) raves and rants about the many things that can go wrong with an old house, cats who leave me hairballs each day, a job I love but get burned out with and my wonderful husband who I at times, want to hiss at. Also included are my yays and nays about my travels into the world when performing necessary tasks such as grocery shopping, being thrown together with complete strangers, thrown together with strangers and their strangeness.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Day Off

It has been slow at the clinic and I was able to take Wednesday off. Marty and I had a nice visit here at home with Jayne (his sister), husband Jeff and baby Kurt. They are here from California to see how mom-in-law is doing after her knee surgery.

Kurt loved the cats. He didn't even have to move since several went up to him to sniff and explore the tiny creature, thinking he was human but since never seeing a baby before, needed to determine if he was a person, a new species of animal or a toy.

We then went to dinner at Red Lobster with brother-in-law Rusty joining us and where I ate more than usual. I do love their Shrimp Scampi!

The clinic has been so slow we had time to dress our clinic cat in santa clothes this past Saturday. His name is Talker and he was very cooperative while we gave him kitty treats. Here is Talker:


My kitten rescue is having a fundraiser at the clinic on the 19th. where we will be selling santa outfits along with many other new items priced at $5.00 or less. We can use the money and we hope to provide holiday gifts and stocking stuffers for people on a tight budget this year. If you want to donate any funds to our rescue, just reply to this blog and I'll let you know where to send a check.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home