Steph's Glass is Half Full

Optimistic (and often pessimistic) raves and rants about the many things that can go wrong with an old house, cats who leave me hairballs each day, a job I love but get burned out with and my wonderful husband who I at times, want to hiss at. Also included are my yays and nays about my travels into the world when performing necessary tasks such as grocery shopping, being thrown together with complete strangers, thrown together with strangers and their strangeness.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

VTNE

After submitting my application in October, I received official word from the State and National Depts. that I am able to take the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE) on January 16. Passing this test means I become a licensed Vet. Tech.

Yikes! I am stressing. I've been doing sample exams and can't remember anything that I learned in school the past six years. My mind is a total blank.

My clinic employs only Techs. who are licensed. They have asked me to be the Saturday Tech. I'm fine with that since I already work Saturday as an Asst., but will I pass the VTNE and get my license?

Yep, I feel totally stupid, can't remember the benefits of various vitamins, what medical conditions can't have what anesthesia or anelgesics. Can't even remember codes such as OS, OU, PRN.

I'm in trouble. My next weeks will be filled studying and flooding my brain with information that I will forget when actually taking the test. I am not good when having to take a test. The time I spend on pc games will be drastically reduced. :(

What is so odd is that I am taking the exam to get a license that I don't need. I didn't attend school to become a Technician, I attended for more education in animal care and to help me perform my job better as Vet. Asst., but here I am taking a test to become a Vet. Technician. Life rolls along and the rolling brought me to this point. Okay, I'll travel that path and see where it takes me.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home