Steph's Glass is Half Full

Optimistic (and often pessimistic) raves and rants about the many things that can go wrong with an old house, cats who leave me hairballs each day, a job I love but get burned out with and my wonderful husband who I at times, want to hiss at. Also included are my yays and nays about my travels into the world when performing necessary tasks such as grocery shopping, being thrown together with complete strangers, thrown together with strangers and their strangeness.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Weather

The weather here is horrendous by the area's standards. For those living in Montana, on the East coast or Colorado, our weather is just a spit in the bucket for them. But here businesses and schools close, roads close, seems like the cities just shut down with a few inches of snowfall.

Unfortunately we also have a freezing spell with the snow, meaning the roads are covered in ice. Considering we have many bone head drivers who speed and tailgate in the rain (causing many accidents) imagine the number of accidents our area will have with the snow and ice.

I drive a Honda Element, the 4-wheel drive model. I went to work and back today without a single problem, no tire spinning, no slipping on the roads. The drive was much more relaxing than when I had the Nissan Pathfinder. My friend has an Element and has driven to Chicago during the winter, over all the mountain passes with snowstorms and ice warnings...no problem for the Element. If she can get to Chicago with such a car, then I can certainly get to work 12 miles away from home. And I can make it very safely if the bonehead drivers stay home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home